Sunday, December 16, 2007

More with Light! :D

I finally got a chance to take a few really thinking about the light.

So many people had lovely tree photos that I wanted to try one. Mine didn't come out quite as well but I took it with a lot of bright light coming in the window on the tree and I wonder how it might change if I tried this one again at night.



When we sat down to dinner, this glass of wine just looked amazing. I swear I had never seen such a pretty glass of wine! It was just sparkling all over the place!

I wanted to get a photo that really showed how it was so colorful and pretty but I couldn't get it to work! This is the best I could get it to come out, but it's no where near how it actually looked. I did try both with and without flash but the colors and sparkles just weren't coming through. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I just kept thinking how Sandie said that we should be able to capture anything we see, but I couldn't figure out how!



I gave up on trying to get the color right and just went for an interesting photo. This one came out acceptable. But I'm just still bummed about the colors!

7 comments:

Krissy said...

BEAUTIFUL lighting here. Love the ornament lots!

Kim said...

AWESOME ornament shot!!! Beautiful colors and lighting effects!

Danielle Holsapple said...

I love what you were trying to get with the glass shot - I am curious to see what the others say!
I have NO idea how to work that one! But I still like it!

Sandie Dunn said...

Hi Deanna!
Great shot of the wine glass by itself! Love it! I like the lighting and the angle and the positioning in the frame! Very, very nice! And, the ornament goes without saying! Wow! Just gorgeous!

Tonya said...

Love the first one. Beautiful.

jenney said...

Very pretty!!

Lori Kelso said...

Oooh, great shots!! Just curious which shot you liked best out of the wine shots? I liked number two better, and this is why... the background was much less distracting, and the way you had the glass set towards the edge of the countertop made the angled edge of the wine line up with the angled edge of the countertop giving you visual balance. I especially love how the light is refracted through the wine onto the countertop!

If you have a program that allows you to adjust contrast, you may be able to play around just slightly with it and pull some of the colors out that you were seeing. I'm loving all the experimenting you're doing, it's so inspiring!!